2021 starts with the challenge of dealing with a school closure in January - so we move to our online plan as practiced in the training day in November and this film sets out our goals in the weeks ahead.
This video was created by three very talented film producers in the second year SPHE class and sends out a great message about wellbeing and the importance for every student to find a good way to do their school work.
Thanks to all the staff who have embraced our livestreaming service which is also used for students cocooning or social isolating due to the Covid-19 pandemic - yet another great example of the innovative spirit at ETSS Wicklow!
2. Students on the Board of Management - bringing student ideas directly to the Board
3. Curriculum Innovation: (a) The Creativity Project (Pegasus); (b) Guitar on the Curriculum;
(c) Gardening; (d) Linguistics
4. Multi-Whiteboard Room for group work and project work
5. Multi-Screen Room to get rid of the idea of 'the back of the class'
6. A blended learning approach to screen time and screen-free time for use of iPads - writing and speaking encouraged as ways of learning actively