After a great week of chess, the competition reached the final - starting with 36 players, only 2 remained - Little Rose & Cody! The promotional film below set the scene for the final on Friday 26 February with a number of great quotations, including quotations from the players themselves, and on the day, after a really close match, Little Rose completed the double - winning the final for the second year in a row - what an amazing achievement!
Thanks to all the staff who have embraced our livestreaming service which is also used for students cocooning or social isolating due to the Covid-19 pandemic - yet another great example of the innovative spirit at ETSS Wicklow!
2. Students on the Board of Management - bringing student ideas directly to the Board
3. Curriculum Innovation: (a) The Creativity Project (Pegasus); (b) Guitar on the Curriculum;
(c) Gardening; (d) Linguistics
4. Multi-Whiteboard Room for group work and project work
5. Multi-Screen Room to get rid of the idea of 'the back of the class'
6. A blended learning approach to screen time and screen-free time for use of iPads - writing and speaking encouraged as ways of learning actively